Look, if your pup could make you biscotti for Mother’s Day, I’m sure he would! Maybe all he needs is a helpful hand from Mom and the kids to genuinely show his slobbering affection. Here is a great treat that your pup will love and the whole family will enjoy making.
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 tsp omega 3 oil
1 large egg
4 cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, honey, water, omega 3 oil, egg and vanilla)
- Then mix in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Kneed all the ingredients until they are fully mixed together.
- Now split the dough into two.
- Place onto a lightly floured surface. Mold each piece into a log shape.
- Then flatten to each log to be about 4 inches wide. then take a fork and poke holes all over (this allows them to bake throughly).
- Place on baking sheets and put them in the oven for about 35-40 mins or until firm.
- Let it cool on a rack for about 30 mins. (these treats take a little longer than other treats we’ve made, after all- they’re biscotti, not ur average biscuit)
- Lower the oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut each log crosswise into 1/4 inch think slices using a sharp knife.
- Lay cut side down on baking sheets.
- Bake for another 30 mins or until completely hard.
- Place on cooling rack until completely cool.
- Make your pup give you a Mother’s day smooch in exchange for a yummy biscotti
These Mother’s Day Dog Biscotti are healthy in more ways then one. The pumpkin puree is rich in fiber and helps the digestion process. Honey is a natural sweetener. Omega 3 oil helps with skin and joints. And the crunchiness of the biscotti helps with tartar control. So although you are making a treat for your pup, you’re doing your motherly duties of providing a healthy treat. They will appreciate you more than you know. Happy Puppy Mother’s Day from Animal Medical of New City.