Independence Day is a day of celebration. Fireworks, bbqs and ice cream ! So why not mix those 3 and make edible 4th of July treats! While you grill this summer, make a yummy firecracker frozen yogurt ice cream that both you and your furry friend can eat! Only 4 ingredients are needed!
Getting Started with Your 4th of July Treats
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup frozen strawberry
1/2 cup frozen blueberry
Ice cream mold with Popsicle sticks*
How To Make the 4th of July Treats
- Put each ingredient in its own bowl
- Purée the strawberries and blue berries (in separate bowls)
- Fill each ice cream mold 1/3 of the way with the strawberry purée
- Let it sit in the freezer for an hour
- Fill each mold 2/3 of the way with the yogurt
- Place a Popsicle stick in the middle of each
- Let it sit in the freezer for an hour.
- Fill each mold the rest of the way with the blue berry purée
- Let it sit for an hour
- Eat ! Enjoy ! Share ! Just don’t lick after your dog does haha.
Independence Day can be very stressful for some animals with anxiety. So this cool healthy treat may help soothe them. At least for a bit. The staff at Animal Medical of New City hopes you and your furry family enjoy these yummy treats and have a wonderful holiday weekend!
*careful with letting your pet eat the wooden sticks